Monday, July 2, 2012

Vegan Eating in a Meat Eaters World

Welcome to my new page - Vegan eating in a meat eaters world
This page will be about my experiences on trying to stay true to my beliefs while going out to eat with my family - I will also share a review of the restaurant on what I thought of the place - and the staff - some will be good and some will not - all I have to say - is that I will be very honest - which I believe I would need to be, in order to help those trying to eat either vegetarian or vegan at your local eats.. I hope you enjoy this page :)


7/2/12
The Golden Corral
Well - My son received a certificate to go and eat here for FREE with a paid grown up dish - he is 11 years old - which they have different prices depending on the age range  - for his age group the price is $6.99 - WELL _ they only discounted the cheapest kids price - did not think that was right - especially since our certificate said FREE - not discounted.
Anyway - so we go in an sit down - the place was freezing - and not very clean
when I went in line to get my salad - my flip flops were sticking to the floor - must have been a while since they have mopped.
the salad bar did not look that great - and I was very disappointed that they had four different types of lettuce to choose from - romaine - spinach (almost empty - and wet :( yuck) - and two other kinds - one with pepperoni and the other with bacon ?? really? couldn't they just have the lettuce and let the meat eaters add their own meat - so that just limited on what type of lettuce I was going to choose.
Not to many veggies to choose from to add to my salad - I only added onions, peppers, black olives - plus some peanut chunks, and soy beans with some French dressing - the only other option was a vinaigrette.
then I got some fruit for dessert - the peaches were canned - so that was not really a good choice - but I picked it anyways (too much sugar) but they did have some fresh strawberries, chunked pineapple (out of a can) and some applesauce.
After eating my salad, I went back up to get some pasta and tomato sauce. They had a couple of choices and was happy to at least see one with no meat. Plus I chose some broccoli and some cauliflower to add to my pasta.  Then I ate my fruit

Even though my choices were very scarce - I did leave full and satisfied - I think out of everyone at my table - I was the only one happy with my choices. My hubby complained about almost everything he put on his plate - everything pretty much had the same taste/flavor.  My oldest son got the steak, and said it was only good because he put the steak sauce on it.  And well, my little one barely eats - but no complaints from him - he got pizza and ice cream :)

Now for the atmosphere - That was left to be desired. We have one more certificate for another FREE (or should I say discounted) kids meal - so maybe we will try a lunch.  But other than that - would not mind never going there again.  The place was freezing and one of the rooms smelled like pee. - not very good for a restaurant.  Although my hubby said the whole place stunk - I noticed in mainly in one area. The floors were very dirty and stick - Oh yeah - and right now they have the chocolate fountain.... Don't use it - The hubby and kids were thinking of getting some chocolate on their fruit - but saw some kids stick their fingers in it - lick the chocolate off of their fingers and then put their fingers back in - Eww.. and another kid got a Rice Krispy Treat - dipped it in the chocolate - bit it - and then stuck that back in the chocolate again... They need to put up a sign that says NO DOUBLE DIPPING..... Because the sign that says that the children must be accompanied by an adult is not working.

Before I got married - I've worked in the food industry - and to me - in the customer area - if your shoes stick - NOT A GOOD SIGN
Now I know buffets are not the best places to go out to eat - but sometimes it makes it easier for me to pick and choose and get exactly what I want - the sad thing is seeing EVERYONE else there - not looking so healthy - it is such a reality check to see how our country is very S.A.D. (the Standard American Diet) is so poor.

Needless to say - even after my sons discounted meal - we still paid around $40
Really??? that is way to high for poor quality food
I give this place: One Star





No comments:

Post a Comment